There are many benefits to start a blog, you can start a blog to share your knowledge, to reach more people on internet, to promote your bussiness and to earn a passive income on every month.
You can see many successful bloggers from all niche who making four to six figure income per month. Here you not only learn how to start a blog but also how to earn more passive income like other bloggers.
The step by step blog startup guide,
1. Signup for web hosting
It is very important to signup for web hosting to get your blog on online. Without web hosting, your blog would not appear on search engines like google, bing and yahoo.
For more reliable and fast web hosting service, start with bluehost as it was officially recommended by wordpress.org.
Reasons to start with bluehost,
- More performance oriented
- Stable uptime & faster page speed
- Officially recommended by wordpress.org.
- You can also get a free domain name.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
Register your domain name
A domain name is your blog name and it is your blog address where visitors use to access your blog. A domain name can cost between $15 to 25 per year. With bluehost, you can register a free domain and you can save upto $15.
Tips for choosing perfect domain name
- Keep your domain name short so that your users can type it easily.
- Choose domain name that are easy to pronounce and remember.
- Use keywords in your domain name. Eg, For travel blog, you can use keywords like travel, tour, trip, destination, backpacking, etc. You can also register domain name without keywords.
- Don’t use numbers and symbols in your domain name.
- Use top level domain extension like .com.
Brainstorm different domain name ideas and go to bluehost domain register tool to check whether domain name is available or not by simply entering it in the box.
Install wordpress application
After completing your domain registration, install a wordpress on your bluehost account dashboard. You can easily install it in one click by navigating to wordpress icon. WordPress is a easy to use blogging platform and most websites that you see on internet are built and runs on wordpress platform.
Pick a theme
Once you have installed your wordpress software, you can start to create and design your blog instantly. Start with by installing beautiful and responsive theme for your blog. You can find a hundreds of free themes in theme section on your wordpress dashboard.
You can also buy a more stunning and lightweight themes from generatepress.
Install wordpress plugins
A plugin is a software that helps you to add specific feature to your blog. You can find tons of plugin on wordpress directory from freemium to premium. Below are some useful plugins for your travel blog.
1. Jetpack is a plugin that comes with many features like subscriber form, uptime monitoring, social sharing buttons,site stats, lazy loading and many other essential features are included. It is a ultimate toolkit for bloggers and comes in both free and premium version.
2. Yoast Seo is a SEO plugin that help you to optimize your content for search engines by analyzing post and improves your Site SEO. This plugin is available in both Free and premium version.
3. Wp Smush helps you to optimize your blog images by maintaining high resolution and reduces your image size which improves your blog loading speed.
4. Elementor page builder is a popular page builder plugin that help you to customize your blog pages, header and footer with drag and drop editor. It comes with more powerful features that helps to enhance your blog look and performance.
5. Wordfence is a security plugin that keeps your site safe from hackers.
6. Updraft plus is a backup plugin that help you to backup and restore your website files and content.
7. Woocommerce is a popular ecommerce plugin that let you to create and integrate online store with your blog. The plugin provides all the essential features for your online store. It comes with both free and paid version.
8. Sassy social share is a social sharing plugin that helps you to add social buttons on your blog and let your visitors to share your blog post. You can also find other social sharing plugins on plugin section.
These are some essential plugins to install for your blog. You can navigate to wordpress plugin section on dashboard to find and download more plugins.
Add Email subscription form
Adding email subscription form can help your blog visitors to subscribe your blog. Adding It also help you grow your email list and you can publish your blog posts directly to your subscribers to gain more traffic to your blog.
You can also promote your own or affiliate products to your email subscribers for more income. For adding email subscription form, You can signup with Sendinblue which is free & easy to use.
A sendinblue is a email marketing tool which let you to send emails automatically & comes with all essential features. You can also upgrade to their premium plan once your blog start to gain more subscribers consistently.
Submit your blog on google search console
google search console is very useful tool for bloggers. It helps to track your website traffic and stats. It alerts you if it finds any issues on your post and URLs. A great tool for monitoring your site performance and completely free to use.
Create google analytics account
It is an another helpful tool by google and provides deep analytics of your blog. It offers indepth information about your blog visitors like demography, traffic source, real time reports, active users, new users and many more features included. Like google search console, it also completely free to use.
Write your first blog post
Once you setup your blog successfully, you can start to write your content. See my tips below for creating high compelling content.
- Create a attractive and viral headlines for more click through rate. Eg, 40 best SEO tips to rank #1 on google.
- Use short paragraphs about five to six lines. Avoid writing long paragraphs.
- Use good font size and font style.
- Use headings and sub headings in your content.
- Include main and LSI keywords naturally in your content. Avoid keyword stuffing.
- Write more valuable and useful content for your audience.
- Create content that provides solution to your visitors.
- Write long form content for increasing your SEO ranking and your blog authority.
- Add relevant high resolution images to your post. (add video if possible).
- Understand your target audience before writing content.
Driving traffic to your blog
Traffic refers to number of visitors your blog gets on each month. Without descent traffic, you can’t make money from your blog. Below are some useful methods to drive traffic quickly to your blog.
You have to blog consistently and in begining, publish atleast 15 – 20 high quality blog posts per month. You can not drive traffic without content. So creating and publishing content frequently is very important step to drive more traffic to your new blog.
2. Keyword research
Do keyword research to find low competive and high search volume keywords before writing blogpost. As a new blogger, your blog can’t rank higher on search engines but doing keyword research will help you to rank higher on google by targeting low competive keywords.
You can use keyword research and SEO tools like SEMrush and ubersuggest for finding right keywords. These tools are also helpful in generating content ideas and topics for your blog.
3. Focus on pinterest
Promote your new blog by creating account on all main social media services. But Pinterest is highly recommended for driving quick and free traffic to your blog.
Pinterest is major source of traffic for many bloggers and they all making solid income from pinterest traffic alone. Pin your blog posts daily on pinterest to grow your blog audience quickly.
SEO is a search engine optimization and its very important to rank your blog posts higher on google and other search engines. It is the method of optimizing your content for search engines and users. Read my ultimate SEO guide to learn SEO in five minutes.
These are some basic and important methods to follow for driving more visitors to your blog.
Blog monetisation methods
This is essential part of blogging to run a profitable blog. Successful bloggers are making upto $120,000 per month and having blog is a great resource for making passive income.
See some proven monetisation methods below to earn smart income like other bloggers.
Once your blog is well established, You can use ad networks to display ads on your blog . Most networks pays you on CPC (cost per click) basis where you can earn whenever your site visitors click the ads on your blog. CPC rates can be vary based on your blog traffic source and niche. Some of high paying ad networks are
- google adsense.
its good to apply for mediavine once your blog starts to get 25,000 sessions per month. Travel, food, fashion blogs are works well with mediavine and it is used by many travel bloggers.
With mediavine, You can earn approximately $1200 for every 100,000 pageviews on your blog. You can also use google adsence at begining before switching to mediavine because you need minimum 25000 sessions to eligible for mediavine.
try different ad networks and see which is more profitable for you.
with affliate marketing, you can earn by promoting other brands products and services on your blog by placing affliate links and banners.
- You can earn fixed commission whenever your blog visitors purchase product or service through your affliate links & banners.
- Bloggers are earning upto $60000 with affliate marketing and its a major source of income for many bloggers.
You can find affiliate programs on internet by typing ‘brand affiliate programs’. (type brand name in the place of brand).
when signing up with affliate programs, select only genuine brands which you and your users trust.
you can earn money by posting sponsored content on your blog. You can charge between $250 to 14000 per post based on your blog traffic and social media followers.
- To get sponsored post, you can approach brands related to your niche or you can signup with influencer networks where you can get a sponsored post from brands. Some of popular influence networks are
- tap influence
- blog meets brands &
you can also create your own digital products like ebook and sell on your blog. For example, if you are in travel niche, you can make ebooks on topics like travel guide, budget travel, backpacking and more.
above are some common and high paying monetisation methods which you can use on your blog to generate life long income.
With blogging, you can can earn a full time income if you blog frequently & you can avoid 9-5 job. Many bloggers had quit their full time job & earning great income from their blogs.
So start now & make smart passive income like other bloggers.
Are you ready to start a blog?